Northern Air, Inc. is searching for a self-driven, detail-oriented Director of Maintenance who is interested in long-term employment. Applicants’ main duties as D.O.M. will be planning, inspecting, ensuring airworthiness, and conducting maintenance of company and customer aircraft. Strong management and leadership skills are necessary, as applicants will be acting as a liaison between Northern Air, Inc. and the FAA.
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Northern Air operates at the Boundary County Airport in Bonners Ferry, Idaho. We are part of a small, hometown community that is a great place to settle and raise a family. Enjoy breathtaking mountain scenery, go hiking, camping, hunting, skiing, and fishing in “the jewel of the Gem State.” Visit our website at www.northernair.biz to see more about our community, and learn more about our company.
- Perform maintenance, servicing, and inspection, of company and customer aircraft, and ensure compliance with manuals, service bulletins, or other specifications
- Ensure logbook entries, maintenance records, or other documents required by FAA Part 91/135 are properly maintained
- Supervise maintenance staff and ensure all maintenance work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Review work orders to ensure accuracy for the billing of customers and payments to vendors
- Monitor Parts and Supplies inventories, ensure availability of materials, and establish and maintain approved vendors to source
- Serve as a FAA Liaison for all maintenance requirements
- Maintain responsibility for overall integrity of company tools and ensuring the accuracy of technical data
- Must meet the FAA requirements (14 CFR 119.71 – Director of Maintenance)
- Computer skills, incl. familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- A&P License (IA not necessary, but a plus)
- Experience working with the FAA and a strong comprehensive knowledge of 14 CFR 91 & 135
- Must be willing to occasionally travel in order to conduct maintenance of aircraft on in the field