N9CS is a Cessna Skymaster 337. It is an Air Tactical Type I with TCAS/TCAD platform and is well suited to this task. The C-337 is pressurized and turbocharged with retractable landing gear.
This Aircraft Features:
- STOL Kit.
- AFF (automatic flight following) – 2 min. position reporting.
- Long Range Fuel Tanks – can remain airborne for 6 hours with reserves.
- Audio Panel Manages 3 Radios – allows the observer (passenger) to isolate their conversations from the pilot’s radio operations.
- New Digital FM Radios.
- Passenger Side Communications Panel – Air Attack tested!
- Large Windows – In the words of an experienced ATGS “Unparalleled Visibility!”
- Moderate Cost – Most cost effective twin available.
- Centerline Thrust Engines (push/pull) – safest twin design.
- Highly Effective for Aerial Detection Operations too!
- TCAS/TCAD (traffic collision avoidance system) – displays potential threat aircraft on Garmin 430.
- Pilot, Dave Parker—cooperative, friendly, highly experienced, mission oriented, owner, mechanic, A&P, IA, definitely knows the aircraft!
- Relief Available.